Saturday, April 18, 2009

Turbonegro in Frisco [SS]

[Written by Shirley Surely]

Turbonegro -- A turbonegro is a large, well-equipped, armed black male in a fast car, out for vengeance. We are his prophets.

Anyway, this is the first show I went to that was filled with such tension. Everyone was on high alert, as if at any time, there will be a giant spider popping out of thin air and gobbled up everyone. A few girls were around. Most people were just looking. Not much socializing, just anticipation.

A solid band from Seattle opened for us, his name is Kandi Coded, sounds a bit like Tiger Army X Turbonegro sans the Norwegian accent. Even as the opening band was playing, the main part of the hall was empty, people don't want to step into this space unless they have to.

Very slowly the hall was filled with people, we know where the pit is.

I was about 5 people away from the edge of the pit (sometimes I am at the edge, depending on the music) the whole time.

Music came. Crowd roared, some in Norwegian! I think all the norwegians (like a total of 10) in town were in the pit. Euroboy is hot as hell, fresh back from death pit. Hank started stripping at the third song -> DO YOU DO YOU DIG DESTRUCTION?

One intriguing feature of Hank's clothes (now down to his jeans, belt like structure around his waist, metallic black material all around his forearm)... Then I realized: His pants were duct-taped around his waist, probably to prevent himself from removing the pants on stage... his chubby arm are duct-taped too (to prevent drug use on stage? or just to look pretty?)

But these details do not matter! Hank was trying to give oral sex to everyone of us. With his tongue, lips, fingers and the magic stick ...

I was (and still am) absolutely sure that he was doing that to me at one point ... he was mine and only mine for a 3 seconds! And then he wiped his sweating chubby body all over ... and threw that towel right at me, well it landed on my head anyway!

This was all happening while Euroboy was rocking metal riffs over and over again! He is oh so tender oh so strong ... By the way, I think I may still have it, Euroboy gave me a bottle of water !! :)

Oh I forgot this tiny detail: I was wearing a sailor hat all this time! It was really non-trivial to dance with it in the crowd ...

We asked for an encore, and they gave us one! A six song encore!

Last Turbonegro song was: ALL ABOUT PIZZA !! The Age of Pamparius
Last song of the show was: SEARCH AND DESTROY !

I don't understand half of what Hank said, but I think he said that SAN FRANcisco has the GREATEST crowd! Love ya, SF !

No comments:

Post a Comment