Thursday, January 29, 2009

There Will Be Boredom

Good lord, what is up with this year's Best Picture nominees? They're no fucking fun. Slumdog Millionaire is vapid garbage, Benjamin Buttons is a lifeless bore, The Reader is a tenuous tract, and Milk is cautiously optimistic. Does anyone at the Academy have any living guts? The most vigorous entry, and best of the bunch, is Frost/Nixon: A docudrama about an interview with the boogeyman.

Remember last year? Virile! We had precocious teen pregnancy, a shotgun with a silencer, and bowling for blood.

The best film of 2008 is obvious: WALL-E.
Jury prize for The Wrestler.

4 comments:

  1. I would suggest Synecdoche New York too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I have to admit that I own WALL-E instead of Synecdoche :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow managed to see Wall-E, though I haven't been to a theater more than twice this whole past year. I can't remember the last time a current movie blew my mind...Fargo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There Will Be Blood blew my mind last year. I just bought it.

    ReplyDelete